Russian    English    Ukrainian    German    French    Italian    Spanish


Excursion: Cremea

Kiev

Odessa

Lviv

Cremea
TOURS and EXCURSIONS
F.I.T. RATES Yalta
(price per excursions)
    car van minibus bus bus tickets/ pax
  hours 1-2 3-6 7-15 16-20 21-40
    pax pax pax pax pax
City-tour              
General city tour in Yalta + Livadia Palace + 4 ˆ 112 ˆ 170 ˆ 192 ˆ 252 ˆ 311 ˆ 7
               
Excursions              
Alupka Palace – Museum + Swallow’ Nest (fotostop) 4 ˆ 112 ˆ 170 ˆ 192 ˆ 252 ˆ 311 ˆ 6
Alupka Palace – Museum + Swallow’ Nest 6 ˆ 168 ˆ 220 ˆ 246 ˆ 278 ˆ 336 ˆ 13
Alupka Palace – Museum + Testing of Crimean Wines + Swallow’ Nest 6 ˆ 168 ˆ 220 ˆ 246 ˆ 278 ˆ 336 ˆ 13
Alupka Palace – Museum + Cable way to Ai-Petri 6 ˆ 168 ˆ 220 ˆ 246 ˆ 278 ˆ 336 ˆ 17
Nikitskiy Botanic garden 4 ˆ 112 ˆ 170 ˆ 192 ˆ 252 ˆ 311 ˆ 5
Chehov’s House - Museum 4 ˆ 112 ˆ 170 ˆ 192 ˆ 252 ˆ 311 ˆ 6
Massandra Palace of Alexander III + testing of Crimean wines 4 ˆ 112 ˆ 170 ˆ 192 ˆ 252 ˆ 311 ˆ 19
Khan Palace – museum in Bahchisaray + Assumption Monastery 8 ˆ 259 ˆ 365 ˆ 425 ˆ 554 ˆ 686 ˆ 6
Khan Palace – museum in Bahchisaray + Cave town Chufut – Kale in rocks 9 ˆ 287 ˆ 401 ˆ 466 ˆ 601 ˆ 742 ˆ 11
General excursion in historical part of Sefastopol + Panorama + Hersones 8 ˆ 259 ˆ 365 ˆ 425 ˆ 554 ˆ 686 ˆ 13
Park in Foros + Foros Church + Bajdar gates 6 ˆ 168 ˆ 220 ˆ 246 ˆ 278 ˆ 336 ˆ 6

Alupka Palace and Swallow Nest
Alupkinskiy or Vorontsovskiy palace is the unique architectural and artistic creation, the masterpiece of architecture, the result of labor of thousands of serfs, driven off from seventeen provinces of pre-revolutionary Russia, where the estates of one of the richest landowners of that time - count M. S. Vorontsov's - were found. Constructions forms the united ensemble, the center of which is main house and the adjacent to it ceremonial court. During inspecting palace, as if you fall into the severe medieval castle, then into the summer residence of English lords, then find yourself at the entrance of the eastern temple. Its houses are placed in picturesque order and decorated with exquisite fretwork and ornated towers. Library, dining and official housings look at sea from southern facade. The dining-room, ceremonial and Cotton rooms, Small and Blue drawing-rooms amaze with their design. Around the palace there is multistage park with the open clearings, cozy paths, romantic grottos, quiet lakes, swift waterfalls, stone conglomerations - "chaoses". This excursion also includes the visiting of the Swallow's Nest - a fairy-tale castle, perched at the top of a sheer cliff on Cape Ai-Todor, about 10 km west of Yalta. Built in 1912 for Baron Steingel, as German oil magnate, it's now an Italian restaurant.

Livadia Palace
Livadia Palace was the former summer residence of the Russian Tsars. During the Soviet period it was a sanatorium for the collective farmers. As a museum it was opened in 1974.The museum complex consists of 60 buildings and comprises the Great Palace (1910-11, architect M.Krasnov), Exaltation of the Cross Church (1864, architect Monigetti), the Palace of Frederix (architect Bibber, 1916) and the park laid out by botanist Heckerle, gardeners Delilger and Pater in 1895-early 20th century. The Livadia Park is one of the oldest and best-laid landscape parks of Crimea. It covers the territory of more than 40 hectares. The Great palace is constructed in the Renaissance style with Byzantine, Arab and Gothic elements. Most exquisite are the interiors revealing common artistic design of the decoration items which testifies to the high professional skills of the workers and talent of the architect. The history of the palace is marked by an important event that occurred at the end of the WWII. The palace was chosen for the Yalta conference - a historic summit of three anti-Hitler coalition member states: the USSR, the USA and Great Britain. The meeting was held in the White ceremonial hall 4-11 February, 1945. The display Romanovs in Livadia tells about the Livadia palace as the residence of the last Russian emperor. It presents rare photos of the royal family and their relatives.

Vorontsovsky Palace
The palace and the park complex (1830-1846, total territory 40 hectares) is one of the most beautiful spots in Ukraine. The artificial fascinating landscapes of the park are in full harmony with the palace built for the governor-general of the Novorosiyskyi Krai (a Southern administrative unit in Russian Empire) M.Vorontsov in 1828-48. The palace was designed by architect E.Blore and represents synthesis of Late English Gothic style and Moorish motifs. There are about 150 rooms in the palace decorated by English, French and Russians masters with marvelous statues of antique gods, canvases by Italian, French, English and Russian painters. A Russian Count commissioned an English architect to design a palace that combined Scottish and English gothic with Moorish architecture - it's hard to think of a more unlikely mix for a successful building. But it did succeed, and with surprising panache and remarkable elegance. The palace's luxuriant interior is open to the public - highlights include the Tudor-style dining-hall complete with minstrels" gallery , and many fine paintings including pictures by Crimean seascape artist Aivasovsky. The parkland surrounding the palace is magnificent, with fine views of the mountains and the sea. The six famous white lions on the south side are by Italian sculptor Bonani, who also contributed marble sculptures to the Capitol building in Washington, USA.

Bakhchysaray Palace
Bakhchysaray - "Palace-garden" - was based to personify dream about the refined, "paradisiacal" place - garden, with the numerous springs. The building of palace was begun in the beginning of XVIth century. The light architecture of buildings, the absence of monumentality are not by chance. Even walls, which fence off garden and interior, are conditional: they had to create coolness during the hot summer day, but at the same time let the garden in through the windows and stained-glass panels. Supporting the freshness of air, numerous marble fountains purl in halls. And, gradually, the magic illusion of staying in the garden appears to you. Palace absorbed into itself the features of Asia Minor and Seldzhuk architecture with the elements of European renaissance and baroque. The palace strongly suffered during the fire in 1736 and was renovated in 1740-1741. At the same time Bijuk- khan -Djami cathedral mosque was built, which, in spite of its massiveness, is organically entered in the palace complex. Its two well-proportioned minarets complete the appearance of the Crimean khans' residence.

Nikitskiy Botanical Garden
There is a wonderful corner of the Crimea - Nikitskiy Botanical Garden which is located 6 km from Yalta in half dry subtropics with wet soft winter and hot dry summer. It was founded in 1812 near the village Nikita and at once gained fame among European botanical gardens. The garden occupies an area of 1000 ha. Its scientists works at problems of introduction, breeding and optimal using of plant resources. The garden collections have more than 28 000 kinds of various plants. Trees and bushes from different subtropical regions of the world have been planted in parks according decorative principle. That's why laurels and stone-pines from Mediterranean area, bamboos from Eastern Asia and sequoias from California drow in immediate vicinity. In spring the garden is especially beautiful. In summer the Nikitskiy Botanical Garden is buried in rich verdure of bushes, trees and flowers. In autumn various kinds and sorts of splendid chrysanthemums from many countries blossoms there. Even in winter when the Garden is covered of snow white dress there are a lot of flowering plants there.

Massandrovskiy Palace
In the 30-ies of the 19th century, Massandra was the possesion of the count M.Vorontsov. On the place of an old house, the count's heir decided to build a palace. The construction was stopped due to the death of the owner. The work started 10 years later, when the land was purchased The Emperor Aleksander III.

Chekhov House
Quite a number of places in Yalta are connected with the name of famous Russian writer Anton Chekhov such as Chekhov district, Chekhov Museum, Chekhov Theatre, monument to Chekhov, and also street, library and school named after him. Chekhov was very popular among local residents. He came to Yalta for the first time in the summer of 1888 "just to satisfy his passion for travel". In 1898 on medical advice he decided to make Yalta his permanent home and he brought his mother and sister Maria with him. He bought a small plot of land and built a two-storied house so called White Cottage. He lived here from 1899 to 1904.The dining room, the writer's bedroom and study have been preserved in their original state. One of the rooms holds a historical and literary exposition of Chekhov"s life and work. During the five and a half years that Chekhov spent in Yalta the walls of this house could hear the voices of F.Chaliapin, S.Rachmaninov, K.Stanislavsky, A.Gorky, Kuprin and I.Levitan. It was in this house that Chekhov wrote his famous plays "The Three Sisters" and "The Cherry Orchard". Chekhov usually worked in his study at the little table near his bed.

Museum of Heroic Defense and Liberation of Sevastopol
The museum was founded in 1960 and its depository amounts to about 100 000 exhibits. Its five departments consist of: Panorama "The Sevastopol Defence, 1854-1855 (painted in 1905 by Franz Roubeau who was the famous battle-painter and founder of the Russian school of panorama painting); Diorama "The Attack of Sapun Hill, May 7, 1944, The Malakhiv Kurgan Defence Tower, The Memorial-house of the Sevastopol Underground Movement, St.Volodymyr Cathedral - the burial place of the famous admirals M.Lazarev, V.Kornilov, P.Nakhimov, V.Istomin.

Khersoness
The reserve covers the territory of the ancient Greek town of Khersoness Tauric which was founded by Greeks in the 5th century B.C. on the Black Sea coast. The city was surrounded by powerful fortification system and then rebuilt by the Romans. The museum consists of the artifacts discovered in course of 170-years archaeological excavations and studies. The long history of the investigations in Khersoness has collected more than two hundred thousand finds. Among them are the objects of exceptional value such as the oath of the Chersonesos citizens, decrees, wall paintings, slate icons from the Christian churches, inscriptions, numerous house utensils. The exposition of the museum displays only a small part of the collections, but these items are the museum"s most impressive and important objects, which illustrate the history of Khersoness, its religion, culture, and the daily life of its population. It includes Numismatics, Epigraphy, Architectural details, Sculpture, Terra cotta ware, Glazed ware, Bone ware, Lamps sections. Along with the traditional exhibit halls of the museum there is an open-air exposition which consists of the archaeological ruins of the city with its streets, houses, and churches. The Reserve also includes Genoese "Cembalo Fortress" in Balaklava and the ruins of "Kalamyta Fortress" (stronghold) that was founded by the Byzantines in the 5th - 6th centuries. In the 15th century a new fortress was built on the place of the old one. It was destroyed by the Genoeses in 1433 and captured by the Turks in 1475 who renamed it. You will be impressed by the ancient structures that survived until nowadays: Acropolis and an agora - place of public meetings, Hellenic theatre, Roman Citadel, medieval Christian temples, dwelling quarters, streets, pottery shops, fish salting shops, water wells, etc.

Balaklava
The ancient Greek, later on Byzantine historians mentioned the Balaklava Bay as Symbolon-Limne - the Harbour of Symbols. The archeologists discovered near the Balaklava Bay an early Tauri settlement (about the 8th century B.C.) At that time it was important commercial city.Some associate the Balaklava Bay with the wanderings of the crafty and wise Odysseus and locate here the legendary Temple of Diana where Tauri priestes Iphigenia performed her bloody rite. During the Middle Ages, it was controlled by the Byzantine Empire and then by Genoese who conquered it in 1365. Byzantines called the town Yamboli and Genoese named it Cembalo. From 1340 to 1357 the Genoese founded here their colony and erected on a top of a rock the town of St. Nicholas. The Genoese built up a large trading empire in both the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, buying slaves in Eastern Europe and shipping them to Egypt via Crimea. There were located a castle, a town hall and a small church. The Lower Town or fortress of St. George was surrounded with a fortress wall and defensive towers. In the summer of 1475 the Turks captured the Genoese colonies in the Crimea including Cembalo which they gave a new name - Balyk-Yuve (Fish"s Nest). In year 1787 Catherine the Great visited Balaklava. In the period of the Crimean War of 1853-1856 during the siege of Sevastopol, Balaklava was the base of the British Army. Near Balaklava in October 1854 a battle of the Allies with the Russian Army was fought that was to become a black day in the military history of England. That day the British lost 500 horsemen. Among the fallen was a relative of Sir Winston Churchill, a member of the family of Dukes of Marlborough. In 1856 on the site of the battle the British set up a monument that has been preserved to this day. Situated in the vicinity of Balaklava on Cape Fiolent are the remains of the oldest in the Crimea St. George Monastery which in 1820 was visited by the great Russian poet A.S.Pushkin. In Balaklava there are more than 50 monuments to military valour, testimonies of courage of the Soviet soldiers in the years of the World War II. Balaklava fighting 250 days side by side with Sevastopol was the southernmost point of the Soviet-German front. Abandoned in July 1942 it was liberated by the Soviet troops on April 18th, 1944. Today the town"s unforgettable history and amazing beauty attract many visitors. From the top of the Balaklava Crag the town can well be seen spreading out below. Here mountains, rocks and the sea came close together. The bay hemmed in by the pink cliffs that look rather like a lake has incredible dark blue water. Steps hollowed out of solid rock, dark time-worn ancient Genoese towers make up a truly impressive image.


 

office 2, 15à Lesya Ukrayinka Blvd.
Kiev, 01133, Ukraine
Tel: (+380 44) 286 05 51
Fax: (+380 44) 286 05 44
Mob: (+380 66) 179 05 44